Have you been searching with no positive result on how to change your primary facebook email? Well, you don’t have to search anymore. Here are simple steps to change your primary email on facebook…
STEPS TO CHANGE YOUR PRIMARY EMAIL ON FACEBOOK
Since the emergence of facebook(The giant of social media) platform on the February of 2004, a lot of people have opened their accounts with the company.
Statistics show that as of the third quarter of 2018, Facebook had 2.27 billion monthly active users. In the third quarter of 2012, the number of active Facebook users had surpassed one billion, making it the first social network ever to do so. Active users are those which have logged in to Facebook during the last 30 days.
Furthermore, as of the previous quarter the social network had 1.74 billion mobile MAU. The platform is also the most popular social network worldwide. As a result of several thousands of accounts that is continuously open everyday on the platform, people tend to make mistakes during the account opening process.
That is the reason why we are here to guide you with the steps to change your primary email on facebook.
How to Change Facebook Email on an Android Mobile Device
You can make any email your primary email address on facebook on any mobile phone by following some simple steps.
If you use Facebook on your Android device and have the Facebook app you can make an email address change there. You can also follow the steps in the section below to make the change using the Android Browser, Chrome, or other web browser that’s installed on the device.
Here’s how to add a new email address and set it as your primary address using the Facebook app:
- Click the Facebook app icon to open the app.
- Click the three horizontal lines at the top right corner of the screen.
- Scroll to click Settings & Privacy and/or click Account Settings.
- Click Settings, then Personal Information.
- Click Email Address, then Add Email Address.
- Type the address to add. If prompted to input your Facebook password, do so.
- Click Add Email.
- Check your email from your phone’s Mail app and click Confirm to verify you made this change.
- Log back into Facebook.
- Navigate to Settings & Privacy and/or Account Settings, then Personal Information, then Manage Account.
- Click Deactivate.
- Choose My account was hacked
you will find “You can secure your account here.”
click on “here”
- Select “i don’t see the right option on this list” then click “Continue”
- Locate “Get Started” button and click on it. You will prompted to Account Review. click on “Contact Details” and you will see several emails depending on the number of emails you have added as explained from steps 4 – 8 above.
- Check all the emails and leave the one email you want to use as your primary email and click “Delete”. Once you do so, you will be taken back to the Account Review page where you will locate “Finish” button and click on it.
How to Change Facebook Email on any computer
Follow these steps to change your primary email on facebook if you are using computer:
- Navigate to www.facebook.com and log in.
- In the top right corner of the Facebook page, click Settings. You might have to click the down arrow first.
- From the General tab, click Contact.
- Click Add Another Email Or Mobile Number To Your Email Account.
- Type the new address and click Add.
- Enter your Facebook password and click Submit.
- Click Close.
- Check your email and click Confirm to verify you made this change.
- Log in to Facebook when prompted.
- Click Contact again (as noted in Step 3).
- Select the new address and click Save Changes to make it your primary email.
People also ask …
How do I remove my primary email from Facebook?
Can I change the email associated with my Facebook account?
How do I remove my email from Facebook login?
How do you find out what email you used for Facebook?
Also: You can remove the old email address if you want to, by following steps 1-3 above and selecting the email to remove.
See Also: Register New Facebook Account